Bolognese alla Marco the opera chef
This tomato sauce can also be used for lasagna.
What you need:
1kg minced beef
2 medium onions
3 cloves of garlic
2 dessert spoon of tomato puree
2 tins of whole tomatoes
½ teaspoon of thyme
½ teaspoon of dried parsley
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
Olive oil, salt and black pepper to taste
500g Pasta (I use spaghetti)
- Add a little oil to a non stick frying pan and heat it up slowly. Once warmed, fry your mince. I fry mine for about twenty minutes until it is well cooked and a little crispy. Move the mince around the pan every so often to stop it sticking and to break up any lumps!! We don’t want unintentional meat balls.
- Once the mince is under way I roughly chop my onion and carrot and fry them in a saucepan with a tablespoon of olive oil for about three minutes or until softened. Chop up the garlic and add to the vegetables. I don’t let the garlic cook for too long – if it goes black it tastes horrible. Stir in the tomato puree and simmer for about a couple of minutes before adding the tinned tomatoes. With a spoon break up the whole tomatoes so there are no giant lumps.
- Don’t forget to stir your mince!
- Add the herbs to the tomato sauce and simmer for twenty minutes.
- In the meantime boil three liters of water in a large saucepan with some salt. Add your pasta. Cook for the length of time indicated on the packet. Once the pasta is cooked, drain well and toss in olive oil; this will stop the pasta sticking.
- Stir the tomato mixture into the mince and add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve sauce over pasta and enjoy!!